Welcome to the Race Directors' Club
We have created this site with one aim in mind: to be a resource to help race organisers to deliver better events.
After logging in you can access:
Support and Information
runbritain has produced the Race Directors’ Handbook. This handbook has guidance on key areas of staging road and multi-terrain races including; risk assessment, highways, health and safety, disability discrimination, course design and promotion. The handbook is supported by 11 fact sheets.
Firstly, apply for a licence for your event. On successful application your event is automatically added to the event diary and the facility to open your race to online entry on the main site will become available.
Benefits of receiving a UKA Road Running or Multi-Terrain Race Licence:
• Inclusion in runbritain online calendar – currently listing 2,500 races each year
• Access to use runbritain’s popular at-cost online entry system
• Editorial support for your race on the runbritain website, where there are currently 100,000 visits per month. This can include news items, race preview, race report, written and i-padio interviews to promote your event and your race video on runbritain TV
• Access to the password-protected race directors portal section of the website with advice on best practice, updates and new developments in race organisation
• Access to runbritain Race Director Courses at accredited and intermediate level
• Profiling of your race in the runbritain newsletters and facebook page
• Inclusion of results in runbritain handicap scoring updates and Power of 10 website
Obligations of receiving a UKA Road Running or Multi-Terrain Race Licence:
To offer a minimum £2 discount to all National Governing Body Competition Licence holders. runbritain can provide an affilaition tracker which allows Race Directors to check affiliation status. For further details contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To promote the runbritain.com website on your event website and/or race literature using the logo supplied.Online Entries
When your licence application has been approved you can set up online entries should you wish. There is no cost to set up on-line entry through runbritain apart from a transaction payment of approximately 60p made to the credit card companies which is dependent on the entry fee and the type of card used.This is a simple easy to use system with much of the information required to set it up automatically populated from the licence application.
Race Director - free system
As a Race Director, you have access to a free account for England Athletics's "Race Director" software. This online software is designed to help with licence applications and can even map your course.
Click on the Race Organiser logo in the column on the right.
You will need to register on this site, using the code below: